I'm in Amman, the capital of Jordan. It's great to be back in a buzzy part of the world halfway back to Asia. Been doing plenty of eating in between training Jordanian journalists in the ways of the web with my excellent co-trainer Naseem. Not too much in the way of food in the snaps above, but it'll give you a flavour of the place and a feel for life on the streets of the capital. All taken using the crappy iPhone camera so expect mucho-blurro. Conclusions from trip,
- I hope I get to come back here. I really like Amman and Jordanian folk. Most fun capital I've visited in the Middle East.
- Taxi drivers and street restaurants don't do receipts.
- Visa on entry is a hassle and a 45 minute wait.
- Jordanian red wine is pretty good.
- Internet/phone connections and slow/patchy.
- The Landmark Amman Hotel is at the tatty end of four stars.